Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Homeschooling

I have a great admiration for families that homeschool. I homeschooled my sons for 8 years. They absolutely loved it and I loved having them home with me. They did very well in learning and I got great enjoyment out of teaching my son to read and to watch him excel at it.
When my oldest son was a sophomore in high school and my youngest was in 8th grade we all decided to have them finish their education in public school, which ended up being a great decision. It prepared them to go onto college.
One thing I would love to say is that their are many people who are opposed to homeschooling because they feel children need interaction with other children. My children had plenty. They had friends in the neighborhood, Sunday School and our homeschool group. So they didn't lack for that.

No comments: