Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting the Kids Ready to go Back to School

Getting the Kids Ready to go Back to School

Written by my friend Teodoro Martin

Getting my kids ready for their return to school was no easy task. They've had a very long and extended vacation that has removed their thoughts from the school routine. However, a little reverse psychology worked in my favor. Any chance I got I would capitalize on it when my kids mentioned how much they didn't miss school, or how not eager they were at returning. I did this by mentioning the fun things that they were missing out on by not being at school, like time with their friends and the fun field trips that they would go on. I took this time to go further by saying that the new school year would be filled with even more fun-filled activities as their teachers were missing them and preparing for their return. This got their minds thinking and soon they would remind me of other things that they also missed. A group discussion soon ensued and before you know it, it was a hot topic for all of us. They soon began to mention their expectations of school themselves and their plans for the new season. These topics were brought up more and more as the school season would grow closer to being in session. By the time it was actually here, my kids woke up early and prepared themselves for their return with much eagerness. After setting the ADT security alarm, we were all out of the house and on our way and all I could think about was the quiet time I had to look forward to.

No comments: