Saturday, October 22, 2011

Circus

Circus

Thanks for the guest post by Bradly Watkins

I moved to Austin last year to get my graduate degree here at UT and am only sad I didn’t spend my undergraduate years here. The city is amazing. The people are weird. The food is delicious. The art is one-of-a-kind. And, the boys are goooooood lookin’. The only thing is, since I’m in school, I don’t get to experience the area like I wish I could. I made sure I spent time visiting apartments and good, safe areas because I was going to be spending so much time there studying. I’m a sucker for curling up on the couch with a few articles and the window open to do schoolwork. Turns out, though, I’ve got some upstairs neighbors who do about everything BUT study. Everything loud. Sing, dance, stomp, yell, cry, fight, laugh. It’s like a three-ring circus above me. About the only things I can concentrate on when they’re home are mindless internet browsing, researching texas electricity providers to find better rates, checking and re-checking my email, and scrolling through Pinterest. It’s definitely time for this student to make a move.

No comments: