Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Being the Boss

Being the Boss

Thanks for the post from Sylvester Campbell

Being the boss is hard enough as it is but in this economy it’s downright petrifying. I’ve been working overtime trying to figure out ways to save us more money so I won’t have to lay anyone off but as you can imagine, it’s not like having a stationery company is a cash cow in this economy. I looked on http://smallbusiness.xo.com/ not too long ago for a cheaper business system than what I was using and that’s going to save us some on the website and I’ve asked my calligrapher to go part time rather than full. I actually even stopped sourcing paper from the high-end company I’ve used for years because they were just too pricey – I cut my costs to keep up with waning demand. I think we’ll make it through thanks to a happy holiday season with lots of cards as well as a hopefully bountiful wedding season coming up in the spring. Etsy is also a great money maker for us so I’m going to keep on keeping on until I can’t!

No comments: