Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Love of a Mom

We have two boys and they have grown into wonderful loving young adults. This past weekend I had been talking with our youngest son and he had asked me to pray for him because he was getting a sore throat and just not feeling well. So of course I said I would be praying for him. By Monday he was feeling even worse and by evening he could hardly stand the sore throat he was dealing with. I told him he needed to go see a doctor. The next day he went to the doctor and found out that he had a case of severe tonsillitis. He was so sick and in so much pain. He was put on medication and sent home. That night he went to bed and tossed and turned because of the pain in his throat. He didn't even want to swallow. He cried out to God to heal him and take it away! So the next morning on my first break at work I texted him to see how he was feeling and he told me about the night before and he was sending me sad faces. Well as his mother I couldn't take it anymore and I left work and took ingredients with me to make some soup for him and headed down to his place. I spent the rest of the day with him yesterday and part of today. When I left he seemed a little better. It was such a great feeling knowing that my son of 26 years old wanted his mama to come be with him and give him some tlc. No matter how old you get, it's always nice to have mom around when you feel as bad as he did.

No comments: