Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fear

Isaiah 41:10 says: So do not fear, for I am with you: do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you: I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Fear affects everyone in several different ways. For me, if I have to be home alone over night, fear tries to enter in my mind. I think I am hearing noises I shouldn't and more then once I check to make sure the doors are locked. Also, when I've had a bad dream I find myself quoting a scripture or singing Jesus loves me to myself to take away the fear. Even the name of Jesus repeated over and over gives me peace.
Once I had to have an MRI and I had to be put in one of those coffin type MRI units. I hated it and to get myself through it I sang Jesus loves me and a couple of other short songs. It kept me at peace and I did fine getting through it but I truly believe if it wasn't for my belief in Jesus it would be a lot harder to stay calm in situations like that.

No comments: