Monday, July 12, 2010

Entertainnment with a message for all!

I heard all about the WALL-E craze, but never got to see the movie for myself. It finally came on my movie channels I get with the best satellite tv in Texas, so I watched it with my 5 year old niece. I do not know how a movie with so little dialogue kept BOTH of us so entertained! I enjoyed the love story aspect and I know she loved the visual style of the film. I felt the strong presence of the environmental issues this film was promoting, but I did not know if she would or not. She actually ended up asking me after the film, "Is this movie the future?" I know she is young, but the way she was asking was as if she expected this to be the future! It seemed to relate enough to real life with the twist with the modern technologies, that this could very well happen. The film sparked a discussion about the future and what we can do. I think he generation will have even more problems to face than my own, so it's nice to have her thinking at a young age about what is wrong in the world. Thank you WALL-E! This is definitely one of my top three favorite animated movies from now on.

No comments: