Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Choose to Volunteer at My Child's School

I Choose to Volunteer at My Child's School

Thanks for the post, Arthur Lawrence

I volunteer at my child's school once a week; our schools are sadly understaffed and are in desperate need of volunteers. I help with grading papers, reading with the kids and planning parties the class has. I don't mind helping out, this way I get to see the interaction between my child and her teacher. I can see how she is interacting with the rest of her class, who her friends are and how well she is behaving and if she is doing well in class.

My daughter is always excited to see me at her school, she introduces me to her friends and I have been able to get to know them better. By volunteering I can check the school supplies and let other parents know if the school is in need of materials. I am very fortunate that my schedule allows me to help out at the school when I am needed.

I have enjoyed getting to know my child's teacher; I trust her teaching ability and am confident in her professional skills. The community in which I live have been very generous with their time; our school has had the volunteers it's needed to ensure our children are taken care of.

I always make sure that I set my adt home alarm before leaving my house to volunteer at my child's school.

No comments: