Monday, May 5, 2008

Fashion Statement or Gang Sign

I was reading an article the other day about students getting suspended from school because they had been shaving lines into their eyebrows. The students are saying it is a fashion statement but the school faculty are saying it is a gang sign. I don't know but I would think you would want to keep the students in school where you know they are off the streets and getting an education instead of suspending them and sending them home to be free to do as they please. It seems harmless to me and I would think it would be best to look past it and keep them in school. If it is gang related will it stop them from being in a gang by suspending them for shaving into their eyebrows? I would think not. It would be different if they were carrying weapons into the school or doing something dangerous.

No comments: