Thursday, July 24, 2008

Road Trips

I love taking road trips with my husband and sons. We enjoy being out on the open roads and seeing the different homes and farms, etc. It's also enjoyable to go through the cities, especially at night.
One thing we like to do is stop at truck stops and walk around their stores. It can be sometimes funny as to what you can find in those places. There is a huge one out on Interstate 80 as you go from Davenport to Des Moines, Iowa. This place is so big and really quite fun to walk through. I think it was rated in the top 10 truck stops in the United States. It is pretty nice and I'm sure the truckers appreciate the facilities there, I know the travelers do. So if there is a time you are heading down Interstate 80 through Iowa make sure you stop and check it out.

2 comments:

Mharms said...

i like starbucks too

Kim said...

You and I seem to have a lot in common! I also love road trips b/c I love riding out in the country and seeing old farms and farmhouses, and also the cities. And I love going through those stores, too!! It's just such a blast.