Saturday, July 12, 2008

Small Business Opportunities

Once in awhile my husband and I will talk about having a small business of our own. We live in a small town that use to have a laundromat. For many years now there has not been one and so if a person needs to use one they have to travel to the next closest town. We have an empty building in town that would work great for something like that and we have talked about the idea of opening one up and knowing that it would most likely be successful but we wouldn't know where to begin.
Maybe you have had thoughts of owning your own business but really don't know where to look for help. When looking for a small business opportunity you can check out the website www.smallbusinesssale.com. There you will find business opportunities categorized so that it is easy to find the kind of business you would be most interested in. For example if you wanted to open up a small business franchise like starting up a laundromat business or some other kind of business you can click on that specific small business opportunity and it will lead you to a place where you can get the help needed to get started. I really think this is a great website and it is so helpful for people like myself who wouldn't know where to start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I would like to run a business soon, so I found this helpful. I know it will be tough, but I know I'm ready for it. Instead of starting one from scratch, I'm strongly considering buying a business. Any suggestions? Advice? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

@Ethan -- My advice is the check if there are any local small business groups in your area. There should be at least one, and they should be able to help you.

I also highly suggest BizTrader.com. It's an online global marketplace where you can buy a business or even sell a business. There's a lot to choose from and you can use it to find a lender or other professional help. Good luck!