Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fears

I think everyone has some kind of fear. It could be fear of heights, maybe spiders or snakes or even getting stranded in an elevator. Well, three out of the four I just mentioned are fears of mine. I don't like snakes but I'm not fearful of them either. This past weekend when my sons and I spent the weekend in Minneapolis we stayed at a nice motel. But one day we were heading up in the elevator to our room on the third floor when all of the sudden the elevator shook. We all looked at each other in fright and suddenly it just stopped at the third floor. The doors would not open and my one son tried to pry it open but was unsuccessful. I called down to the desk and the lady there was very surprised to hear we were stuck on it. Soon after that call we saw the elevator lower to the first floor and I started getting really scared. I didn't know what was going on. Thank goodness my sons were there to help keep me calm. Anyway, I stayed off of that elevator the remainder of the trip and I used the good ole staircase. I hope something like that never happens again.

No comments: