Thursday, June 26, 2008

Storm

This morning it looked like it was going to be a gloomy day and about an hour after I got up, out to the west and north, the sky was dark as night. It was calm before the storm as the trees and bushes were so still. The weather people on tv were warning of a severe thunderstorm approaching our county and sure enough it was slowly creeping our way. Suddenly we were engulfed with darkness and it started raining as hard as it could and the winds really picked up. I had to get ready to leave the house to go work and it just wouldn't stop raining. I did go and got very wet and the drive was short but I had to go through flooded streets and intersections. I was so glad when I reached my destination. We ended up getting over 2 inches of rain in about an hour.

No comments: